INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MEETING MINUTES OF THE INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS, TUESDAY MAY 21, 2019 AT 7:00 PM, INDIANOLA CLUBHOUSE 18976 INDIANOLA ROAD NE, INDIANOLA, WA 98342
Commissioners in attendance: Jeff Henderson, John Lane, Eric Cookson
Port Auditor: Susan Henry
Recording Secretary: Jayne Larson
Other Attendees: Terry Reckord, Connie Reckord, Gary Walker
CALL TO ORDER Commissioner Henderson called the meeting to order at 7:06 PM
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS: Commissioner Comments is the time for Board members to present verbal reports and suggest future agenda items. NONE
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All matters listed within the Consent Agenda have been distributed to each member of the Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda by a Commission member or by Citizen Request.
Meeting Minutes of the April 16, 2019 regular meeting – Commissioner Henderson moved to accept the minutes as submitted. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
Accounting Summary Report by Port Auditor Susan Henry. Auditor Henry provided statement for April 2019. As of April 30, 2019, Net General Fund balance after warrants paid, not including project fund, is $111,644.65. Project Fund Balance is ($2,405.00). As agreed in earlier meetings, $20,000 will be transferred from the General Fund to Project Fund #88717 for the RCO grant match.
Payables for April are $756.15. Voucher #2066 for $256.15 to Cory Gregerson for website hosting and Voucher #2067 to AGO Land Surveying LLC for RCO Grant work. Commissioner Henderson moved to approve payment of vouchers as submitted. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
OLD BUSINESS ITEMS - NONE
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
Road End Vacation Update –Commissioner Lane reports that all neighbors have given positive comments about their intention to accept the vacation. Commissioner Lane notes that Molly Fisher at Kitsap County has been exceptionally helpful in this process.
Maintenance and Repair Permit Renewal: Commissioner Lane reports that the permit is in progress.
Next Steps on Dock Entrance Upgrade
1. Commissioners have reviewed the specs and don’t have any changes.
2. Additional engineering help may be needed, such as structural engineering prior to County approval, or geotech, or shoreline mitigation.
3. Cultural Survey is a priority for the RCO Grant project. Willamette Cullum Resource Associates Ltd has been identified for the cultural resource survey. Commissioner Henderson moved to accept statement of work for cultural survey Not- To-Exceed $4,000.00. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
4. Terry Reckord reports that pro-bono work to date is approximately $8,000.00 to date, Commissioners note that POI needs to check on limits to the professional fees within the grant.
5. Commissioner Cookson notes that clearing ivy on the slope below the dock can be accomplished with volunteers and Yardvark.
Next Port Commission Meeting will be held on June 18, 2019.
OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENT – NONE
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS –
Commissioner Henderson noted that the swim float and raft will be installed in the next 2-3 weeks.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
ADJOURNMENT – Commissioner Henderson moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:21 PM. Seconded by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
Commissioner, Jeff Henderson
Commissioner, Eric Cookson
Commissioner, John Lane
Recording Secretary, Jayne Larson
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the Port of Indianola at (360) 779-8229. Notification
8 hours before the meeting will enable the Port of Indianola to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.