INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MEETING MINUTES OF THE INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS, TUESDAY JUNE 18, 2019 AT 7:00 PM, INDIANOLA CLUBHOUSE 18976 INDIANOLA ROAD NE, INDIANOLA, WA 98342
Commissioners in attendance: Jeff Henderson, John Lane, Eric Cookson
Port Auditor: Susan Henry
Recording Secretary: Jayne Larson
CALL TO ORDER Commissioner Henderson called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS: Commissioner Comments is the time for Board members to present verbal reports and suggest future agenda items. NONE
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All matters listed within the Consent Agenda have been distributed to each member of the Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda by a Commission member or by Citizen Request.
Meeting Minutes of the May 21, 2019 regular meeting – Commissioner Cookson moved to accept the minutes as submitted. Second by Commissioner Henderson passed unanimously.
Accounting Summary Report by Port Auditor Susan Henry. Auditor Henry provided statement for May 2019. As of May 31, 2019, Net General Fund balance after warrants paid, not including project fund, is $96,815.15. Project Fund Balance is ($10,701.76). As agreed in earlier meetings, the Project Fund is now being used to track the RCO Grant Match.
Payables for June are $1,119.00. Voucher #2068 for $450.00 to Norbut Law Firm PLLC for RCO project and the road end vacation. Voucher #2069 for $577.00 to Mattson’s Bay Marine for float storage and moving. Voucher #2070 for $92.00 to U.S. Postal Service for annual box fee. Commissioner Henderson moved to approve payment of vouchers as submitted. Second by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
OLD BUSINESS ITEMS - NONE
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
Road End Vacation Update –Commissioner Lane reports the vacation agreement has been signed by the neighbors and IBIC and is now at Kitsap County. The County will post signage about the change for 30days public notice. Commissioner Lane expected that signage would be posted on or about July 22, 2019.
Maintenance and Repair Permit Renewal: Commissioner Lane reports that the permit is in progress.
Next Steps on Dock Entrance Upgrade
1. Commissioner Cookson reports that the funding final date has been extended to December 31, 2021.
2. Cultural Survey scope of work has been defined to the historical aspect of the site.
3. Aspect Consulting has provided an estimate for the geotech report of Not-To-Exceed $5,000.00. Commissioner Henderson moved to accept proposal from Aspect for the geotech report for Not-To-Exceed $5,000.00. Seconded by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
4. MLA has provided an estimate of $3,500.00 for structural detailing. Connie and Terry Reckord suggest that the structural engineers consult with the geotech engineers to agree on a final estimate. Commissioner Henderson moved to accept agreement with MLA Engineering for structural design and calculations, including their expenses, for flat fee of $3,500.00. Motion seconded by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
5. Environmental biologist’s report is required.
6. Connie Reckord is working on a new SEPA and permits.
Next Port Commission Meeting will be held on July 16, 2019.
OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENT –
Sarah Runnells asked what the legalities would be for a gate closing the dock after 11pm. The community is concerned about fireworks and bad behavior on the dock. Another comment was made that the float installation process needed improvement.
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS – NONE
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
ADJOURNMENT – Commissioner Henderson moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:12 PM. Seconded by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
Commissioner, Jeff Henderson
Commissioner, Eric Cookson
Commissioner, John Lane
Recording Secretary, Jayne Larson
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the Port of Indianola at (360) 779-8229. Notification
8 hours before the meeting will enable the Port of Indianola to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.