INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MEETING MINUTES OF THE INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS, TUESDAY APRIL 16, 2019 AT 7:00 PM, INDIANOLA CLUBHOUSE 18976 INDIANOLA ROAD NE, INDIANOLA, WA 98342
Commissioners in attendance: Jeff Henderson, Eric Cookson
Port Auditor: Susan Henry
Recording Secretary: Jayne Larson
Other Attendees: Terry Reckord, Connie Reckord, Rob Gelder, Cory Gregerson, Gary Walker
CALL TO ORDER Commissioner Henderson called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS: Commissioner Comments is the time for Board members to present verbal reports and suggest future agenda items. NONE
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All matters listed within the Consent Agenda have been distributed to each member of the Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda by a Commission member or by Citizen Request.
Meeting Minutes of the March 19, 2019 regular meeting – Commissioner Henderson moved to accept the minutes as submitted. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
Accounting Summary Report by Port Auditor Susan Henry. Auditor Henry provided statement for March 2019. As of March 31, 2019, Net General Fund balance after warrants paid, not including project fund, is $104,675.43. Project Fund Balance is $4,253.18. Project fund $4,253.18 will be transferred to the General Fund #88715. $20,000 will be transferred from the General Fund to Project Fund #88717 for the RCO grant match.
Payables for April are $92.70. Voucher #2064 for $60.00 to PSE. Voucher #2065 for $32.70 to Storeoborealis for website hosting. Commissioner Henderson moved to approve payment of vouchers as submitted. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
OLD BUSINESS ITEMS - NONE
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
Dock Entrance Update and Road End Vacation –
1. All documents have been submitted to the County.
2. Need quitclaim paperwork for the Jacobsen and Jorgensen properties.
3. Commissioner Gelder noted that the quitclaim deed and County approval will be concurrent with storm water easement.
4. The grant agreement with RCO needs to be signed and submitted. Commissioner Henderson moved to approve funding for the project #16-1313 for $30,686 for the Port of Indianola Dock Redevelopment match. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
5. Commissioner Cookson reports that an Archeological Survey is required for RCO. Several local survey sources were noted for the Port to contact. Connie Reckord will make some inquiries with local sources and refer back to the Commissioners.
6. Commissioner Cookson noted that volunteer hours are valued at $17.00 per hour for match with the RCO grant. Professional hours are valued per invoice.
7. Structural Engineering review candidates will be contacted.
8. Connie Reckord has a meeting next week with Kitsap County to discuss the project SEPA.
Website update presented by with Cory Gregerson. Cory recommends upgrade to AZURE website hosting. AZURE allows improved content management, economy and storage capability, and security. Commissioner Henderson moved to accept website maintenance cost projection as presented. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
Maintenance and Repair Permit Renewal: Commissioner Lane is working on this. No change reported
November election discussed. May timeline for election filing noted.
Next Port Commission Meeting will be held on May 21, 2019.
OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENT –
Commissioner Gelder noted that he is scheduling a “Walk and Talk” public meeting for Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 9:30 am at the Country Store in Indianola. He requested that notices be posted for the public.
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS – NONE
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
ADJOURNMENT – Commissioner Henderson moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:05 PM. Seconded by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
Commissioner, Jeff Henderson
Commissioner, Eric Cookson
Commissioner, John Lane
Recording Secretary, Jayne Larson
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the Port of Indianola at (360) 779-8229. Notification
8 hours before the meeting will enable the Port of Indianola to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.