INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MEETING MINUTES OF THE INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS, Tuesday October 18, 2016 at 7:00 PM, INDIANOLA CLUBHOUSE 20446 INDIANOLA ROAD NE, INDIANOLA, WA 98342
Commissioners in attendance: Jeff Henderson, Eric Cookson, John Lane
Port Auditor: Susan Henry
Recording Secretary: Jayne Larson
CALL TO ORDER Commissioner Henderson called the meeting to order at 7:04 PM
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS: Commissioner Comments is the time for Board members to present verbal reports and suggest future agenda items.
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All matters listed within the Consent Agenda have been distributed to each member of the Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda by a Commission member or by Citizen Request.
- Meeting Minutes of the September 22, 2016 regular meeting – Commissioner Cookson moved to accept the minutes as submitted. Second by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
- Accounting Summary Report by Port Auditor Susan Henry
1. Net General Fund balance not including project fund is $72,631.00. Project Fund Balance is $3,364.89, which doesn’t include a recent donation.
2. Auditor Henry reported that the bond debt payment will transfer in November after real estate tax funds have been received.
C. Payables – Warrants for $683.56 which includes bank fees, electric expense, reimbursing expenses for moving the ramp, and Sound Publishing expense for notice in the paper. Commissioner Henderson moved to accept vouchers as presented. Seconded by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
OLD BUSINESS ITEMS
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
A. 2017 Budget: Commissioner Henderson reviewed the proposed budget.
1. Resolution 2016-02 : Port of Indianola Commissioners met and considered the 2017 Budget and resolved that an increase in the regular property tax levy be collected in the 2017 tax year. Increase amount is .711% from the previous year.
Commissioner Cookson moved to accept Resolution 2016-02 as written, Seconded by Commissioner Lane. Passed unanimously.
2. Certification of Levy by Port Auditor Susan Henry completed.
3. Resolution 2016-03: Adoption of 2017 Budget.
Commissioner Cookson moved to accept Resolution 2016-03 and adopt the proposed budget for fiscal year 2017. Seconded by Commissioner Lane, Passed unanimously.
B. Cookson reported on the status of the grant. There were 23 requests for grant funding that passed through the application process and the Port of Indianola was ranked at the end. Historically, funding does not meet all the requests. State Legislators will decide funding in 2017.
C. Commissioners noted and thanked Bob Kinnard for replacing the photo sensor in one of the dock lights.
D. Next Port Commissioners Meeting: the next meeting will be held on December 20, 2016.
OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENT –
For information, Sarah Runnels noted that recent rain storms have caused some erosion around the steps under the dock and showed the Commissioners some photos.
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS – NONE
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
ADJOURNMENT – Commissioner Henderson moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:41 PM, Seconded by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
Commissioner, Jeff Henderson
Commissioner, Eric Cookson
Commissioner, John Lane