INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MEETING MINUTES OF THE INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS, Tuesday July 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM, INDIANOLA CLUBHOUSE 20446 INDIANOLA ROAD NE, INDIANOLA, WA 98342
Commissioners in attendance: Eric Cookson, John Lane
Port Auditor: Susan Henry
Recording Secretary: Jayne Larson
CALL TO ORDER Commissioner Cookson called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS: Commissioner Comments is the time for Board members to present verbal reports and suggest future agenda items.
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All matters listed within the Consent Agenda have been distributed to each member of the Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda by a Commission member or by Citizen Request.
A. Meeting Minutes of the May 17, 2016 regular meeting – Commissioner Cookson moved to accept the minutes as submitted. Second by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
B. Accounting Summary Report by Port Auditor Susan Henry
1. Net General Fund balance not including project fund is $75,755.99. Project Fund Balance is $5585.00.
2. Auditor Henry reported that the real estate tax funds have been received. The CD launch event and sales generated a $431.00 contribution for the dock.
C. Payables – Vouchers of $1,388.44 which includes $800.00 to IBIC for shared security costs, Yardvark maintenance expense, Smythe lumber expense and postage expense. Commissioner Lane motioned to approve vouchers as presented. Seconded by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
OLD BUSINESS ITEMS
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
A. Rail Cap: Commissioner Lane reported that the rail caps were 99% completed. Commissioner Lane also noted that an extension on the permit was needed for the inspection. The fee for the permit extension was $130.00.
B. Grant Update: Commissioner Cookson reported on the status of the grant. The final presentation for the grant is August 16, 2016 in Olympia.
C. Website Status: Commissioner Lane reported that the website has been fixed and spam has been greatly reduced.
D. Dock 100 years celebration: Sara Runnels and Art Langlie reporting.
1. Date for celebration is Saturday August 27, 2016.
2. Ice cream and cake party will be held in the clubhouse in the early afternoon. The exact time will be defined soon.
3. Current estimated budget for the ice cream and cake party is $440.00.
Commissioner Lane moved to increase the $250.00 approved budget by an additional $250.00, to $500.00 for the ice cream and cake party.
4. There will also be a short presentation and slide show during the party. A dry run of the slide show will be held at the next POI meeting on August 16, 2016.
5. Art Langlie has developed a pledge letter template for those making a pledge for the dock celebration support or on-going dock maintenance.
6. The evening party for the dock celebration will have music and dancing at the head of the dock. Off-duty officers should be present for security. The IBIC will leave the Sani-cans in place until after the celebration.
E. Next Port Commissioners Meeting: the next meeting will be held on August 16, 2016.
OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENT – NONE
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS – NONE
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
ADJOURNMENT – Commissioner Lane moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:10 PM, Seconded by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
Commissioner, Jeff Henderson
Commissioner, Eric Cookson
Commissioner, John Lane
Recording Secretary, Jayne Larson
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the Port of Indianola at (360) 779-8229. Notification 48 hours before the meeting will enable the Port of Indianola to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility