INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MEETING MINUTES OF THE INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS, Tuesday January 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM, INDIANOLA CLUBHOUSE 20446 INDIANOLA ROAD NE, INDIANOLA, WA 98342
Commissioners in attendance: Jeff Henderson, Eric Cookson, John Lane
Port Auditor: Susan Henry
Recording Secretary: Jayne Larson
CALL TO ORDER Commissioner Henderson called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS: Commissioner Comments is the time for Board members to present verbal reports and suggest future agenda items.
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All matters listed within the Consent Agenda have been distributed to each member of the Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda by a Commission member or by Citizen Request.
- Meeting Minutes of the December 15, 2015 regular meeting – Commissioner Cookson moved to accept the minutes as submitted, Second by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
- Accounting Summary Report by Port Auditor Susan Henry
1. Accounting reports not ready due to earlier POI meeting date and Kitsap County schedule. Susan Henry reports that the debt service payment was made. As of January 12th there is approximately $11,000 in the general fund and approximately $1500 received in the Peg Richards Memorial fund.
2. Payables – Voucher submitted for payment for $314.90, including annual dues for WPPA and postage reimbursement. Commissioner Cookson moved to accept the voucher for payment. Commissioner Henderson seconded. Passed unanimously.
OLD BUSINESS ITEMS
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
A. Landscape maintenance proposal: Don Gibson, Yardvark Services, presented a proposal for a maintenance program for under the dock and stairs. The work includes removal or pruning unwanted vegetation, clearing trash and debris and hauling off. Yardvark proposes 4 visits spread during the year at $175.00 plus tax per visit. Commissioners discussed if landscaping was included in the 2016 budget and decided that although landscaping was not specifically identified it would be covered under general maintenance and this would be a good addition to the dock maintenance. Commissioner Henderson moved to accept the Yardvark proposal. Seconded by Commissioner Lane, and passed unanimously.
B. Grant Update:
1. Commissioner Cookson reports that the application entry has not opened yet. A grant representative has been designated to POI to help with the process. Different grants have different matching requirements. Commissioner Cookson recommends selecting the best grant(s) and focusing efforts to meet those requirements.
2. Art Langlie will provide costs for replacing #1 through 4 pile bents.
C. Update, concept of dock entrance:
1. Terry and Connie Reckord provided new drawings for the selected option, the middle design. The design offers ADA accessibility, a bench and new planter. The Commissioners like the new drawings and Terry and Connie will provide larger drawings for the community presentation.
2. February 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM at the Indianola Clubhouse was determined as the date for the community meeting. The results and comments from the meeting will be reported in the February Breeze.
D. Centennial celebration update:
1. Sarah Runnels reported that the date previously set for the celebration, August 13, 2016, may change to August 27, 2016. Sarah Runnels suggests a mailing to the Port constituents to “Save the date”. The mailing cost is estimated at $150.00 and would be sent out in May. Sarah is also planning an ice cream social to be funded by the Port with an early estimate of $250.00. Using Port funds for the mailing and the ice cream celebration should not be a problem based on Commissioner Henderson’s discussion with WPPA attorneys.
2. Art Langlie and Sarah are also planning a dance for that evening which will be self-supporting.
3. Susan Hancock reports people are working on the writing for the book.
E. Ramp update: Commissioner Henderson reports that the ramp is still on schedule for delivery for Memorial Day, May 27, 2016.
F. Next regular meeting will be February 16, 2016, at 7:00 PM at the Indianola Living Hope Church, 20789 Division St. NE. Indianola, WA 98342.
Special Port Commission Community Meeting will be February 2, 2016 at the Indianola clubhouse.
OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENT – NONE
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS – NONE
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
ADJOURNMENT – Commissioner Cookson moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:12 PM, Seconded by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
Commissioner, Jeff Henderson
Commissioner, Eric Cookson
Commissioner, John Lane
Recording Secretary, Jayne Larson
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the Port of Indianola at (360) 779-8229. Notification 48 hours before the meeting will enable the Port of Indianola to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.