INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MEETING MINUTES OF THE INDIANOLA PORT DISTRICT BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS, Tuesday April 19, 2016 at 7:00 PM, INDIANOLA CLUBHOUSE 20446 INDIANOLA ROAD NE, INDIANOLA, WA 98342
Commissioners in attendance: Jeff Henderson, Eric Cookson, John Lane
Port Auditor: Susan Henry
Recording Secretary: Jayne Larson
CALL TO ORDER Commissioner Henderson called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS: Commissioner Comments is the time for Board members to present verbal reports and suggest future agenda items.
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All matters listed within the Consent Agenda have been distributed to each member of the Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda by a Commission member or by Citizen Request.
A. Meeting Minutes of the February 16, 2016 regular meeting – Commissioner Lane moved to accept the minutes as submitted with corrections. Second by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
B. Accounting Summary Report by Port Auditor Susan Henry
1. Net General Fund balance not including project fund is $78,454.16. Project Fund Balance is $5,585.00.
2. Auditor Henry reported that property taxes have started to come and that the debt service payment will be paid before the end of May.
3. Annual report is due before the end of May.
C. Payables – Voucher of $91.29
Commissioner Henderson motioned to approve voucher. Seconded by Commissioner Cookson, passed unanimously.
OLD BUSINESS ITEMS
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
A. Grant Update – Commissioner Cookson reported on the RCO grant.
1. The grant package was almost ready to submit after the resolution scheduled for this meeting was passed. Grant deadline is May 2, 2016.
2. Estimated cost for the grant project is $25,000. This project includes head of the dock work. The substructure will be done later with future grants. Commissioner Cookson will find out about RCO requirements for going out to bid on the work.
3. Commissioner Cookson plans to attend the presentation meeting in person on May 25, 2016.
4. Connie Reckord is working on permits for the project. Permits are expected by September 2016 and the work would be performed in 2017.
B. Aquatic Lands Enhancement Account (ALEA) Resolution, Port of Indianola, Kitsap County, District 7, Resolution 2016-01, for the Indianola Dock . This is a resolution that authorizes submitting application for grant funding assistance for ALEA project to the Recreation and Conservation Office as provided in Revised Code of Washington 79.105.150 Administrative Code 286.The ALEA grant assistance is requested to aid in the development and restoration and the Port of Indianola considers this project to be in the best public interest. Any grant funds will be used for direct costs associated with this project. And the Port of Indianola’s matching share of project funding will come from existing POI funds. If approved, grant funds will be paid on a reimbursement basis. The resolution becomes part of the grant application package.
MOTION: Commissioner Cookson moved that Port of Indianola Resolution 2016-01, as read, be approved and adopted. Seconded by Commissioner Lane. Passed unanimously.
C. Funding for community and dock security was reviewed by Commissioner Lane.
1. Members of the community have concerns about security for the dock celebration party on August 27, 2016 and summer visitors in general. Commissioner Lane has discussed this with IBIC Trustees. The IBIC has requested POI help subsidize security costs. The POI 2016 budget was reviewed and after considerable discussion, a motion was proposed.
MOTION: Commissioner Henderson moved that the POI approve $800.00 to support security costs incurred by IBIC, with the understanding that funds be used to hire off-duty deputies, and include coverage during August 27, 2016. Seconded by Commissioner Lane. Passed unanimously.
2. Sarah Runnells reported that there will not be a May mailing for the 100th year celebration.
D. Deck board tagging and stair damage repair discussed by Commissioner Lane.
1. Commissioner Lane has some cleaner specifically for this purpose that he will use. Commissioner Lane suggested that we remind the community that they should say something if they see any inappropriate activities around the dock. Commissioner Lane will write a note for the Breeze.
2. Timbers under the dock need to be cleaned up.
E. Commissioner Henderson reported that the new ramp is being built and the ramp and float are on schedule for installation.
F. POI website spam problem reported by Commissioner Lane. Commissioner Henderson will speak to Matt McGinnis about potential fixes, possibly changing host service.
G. Next scheduled meeting discussed with Commissioner Henderson suggesting that the May meeting may not be necessary.
MOTION: Commissioner Cookson moved to cancel the May meeting and have the next meeting on June 21, 2016, at the Indianola Clubhouse. Seconded by Commissioner Lane. Passed unanimously.
OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENT – NONE
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS – NONE
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
ADJOURNMENT – Commissioner Cookson moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:32 PM, Seconded by Commissioner Lane, passed unanimously.
Commissioner, Jeff Henderson
Commissioner, Eric Cookson
Commissioner, John Lane
Recording Secretary, Jayne Larson
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the Port of Indianola at (360) 779-8229. Notification 48 hours before the meeting will enable the Port of Indianola to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.